Not a long post, but hopefully just enough to get things going again.
I haven't taken the time lately to remind myself of all those out there who still care, so this is my shout out to you. I've spent the last few months out of place, over my head, and in need of some grounding in the familiar. Blogging has just been one casualty of the feeling that I have no time for anything right now.
So how have you been?
In a nutshell I am in a constant state of physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion. I have been pushing myself harder and further than I can ever remember, and I feel like I'm just breaking even. Is it better than subbing and working at the Gap? You're damn right. I just wish I would have prepared myself a little more for just how much I was getting myself into.
Everyone told me your first year would be like this, and I didn't believe them. I filled myself with a false sense of comfort and security based on my experiences and expectations in student teaching and long term subbing. But no practice in the world can really equal game time.
I miss you guys. The ones who still read this in spite of my negligence, and the many who stopped reading long ago. I can't blame you. I got lazy, but it doesn't mean I haven't thought about it.
Monday, October 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Laudec said...
Everyday. I check everyday.
I think about you everyday, buddy. Don't think for a second there ain't people out there rooting for ya.
As for how hard it is, I got a taste of everything early. The Becca experiment. Living life on the road last year. The long-distance relationship. The certain uncertainty -- you know what's been the hardest?
Really being gone. I'm gone, gone now. Not going back. Everything works in different units. In college it was semesters -- now it's years.
.75 done. Woof. I know. Believe me, I know.
That's why I'm rooting for ya.
I know you need it.
1:31 AM
the girl in camouflage said...
Oof, LDRs really take it outta ya.
As for the rest, moving to a new place is rough. It takes awhile. That, with a new job is enough to take it out of you. Teachers don't get enough credit, man, I'm telling you.
11:21 AM
WayneLawGirl248 said...
Dear Bradley Bear,
I stumbled across your blog today while being bored in the law library and google searching peoples names.
Sorry I made you "Angry Brad." You should go back to being "Happy Brad." After all YOU broke up with ME. ;)
All in all, it seems like your life is going in the right direction. I am happy for you, and I think of you quite often and remember the good things, before your repressed anger entered into the picture, and you began to loathe me, etc.
I think Lloyd Dobbler said it best "If you start out depressed, everything's kind of a pleasant surprise."
Take care,
Missy :)
3:57 PM
Laudec said...
Aren't you glad I kicked your ass enough to write something you dumb bastard?
Unfricken real.
8:06 PM
Post a Comment