I didn't realize it's been a few weeks since I blogged... that's just the way August's been. Made it through training, then RA/MA training, and opening/move-in week is just about done. It's been long some days, but I'm still more content with things here than I ever was at any point in North Carolina. The only variable left to add to the equation is how things will be once classes start next week, though I'm not too worried about it.
Through the last month what has struck me more than anything else is the feeling that I am actually appreciated and valued by people from so many different levels here. I've had deans and directors of whole departments and offices here on campus come up to me and start a conversation knowing who I am, which is a complete departure from the shunning or mild sense of forced politeness I always received as a first year teacher.
The University seems to have a lot of faith in its graduate staff, and thus far I feel more confident that I know what I'm doing or how to handle things than I ever did at any point last year. The lingering sense of dread and foreboding has been replaced with genuine optimism and confidence, which is a welcome change of pace to say the least.
I'm excited for my job, excited for my classes, excited for the prospects of my internship next summer, and just generally excited to be back on campus.
Friday, August 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I apologize, Brad, but I've forgotten which university you are attending. Sincerest congratulations on your triumphant return to beloved Michigan, which just might be the greatest place on Earth.
Post a Comment