You have to give Lloyd Carr a lot of credit. He's not whining (unlike certain other coaches in the nation). He's not politicking. He hasn't made that face that makes you think he's about ready to kill someone (you know what face I mean). But even though he's not saying it, a lot of other people out there are...
Once again, Michigan Football got screwed.
For your viewing pleasure, go check out these two links. The first was referenced by The Last Angry Man, and comes from ESPN. The second is from a blog I was introduced to that has the most comprehensive (albeit fantastically biased) commentary on all University of Michigan sports.
I don't necessarily think that the national championship should have been a rematch between OSU and U of M... but at the same time I don't think any team but Michigan deserves the #2 spot in the country. The National Championship game was already played, the national rankings have already been decided. What will happen on New Year's Day is nothing but a thinly veiled love fest that the rest of the nation will hold for teams that live in states where the sun shines.
Make no mistake, I hate The Ohio State University, its Buckeyes, and everything that comes out of Ohio. But at the same time, I want to see them crush Florida in a way that no amount of humiliation in the whole of human history has ever been witness to. I want OSU to run up the score to the point that there aren't enough lightbulbs left in the scoreboard to keep track of it all. I want to see the coaches, players, and fans of Florida reduced to nothing but broken, sniffling, and crying little girls.
At the same time, I hope the University of Southern California Trojans live up to the historical namesake of their mascot - their city destroyed, men slaughtered en masse, women and children sold into slavery. In the wilderness of Alaska and Canada, wolverines jump out of trees and maul grizzly bears to death. Wolverines are no larger than other mammals such as badgers, weasels, and beavers - they're just vicious little bastards who know how to kill. I hope to watch the same thing happen in Pasadena.
Go Blue.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Having watched several Florida games this season, yeah, there is no way on God's green Earth that those pansies have a chance against the hated Buckeyes. The Ohios are going to hurt Chris Leak bad, and then they are going to make that little freshman quarterback's mom cry. Given the number of Big Ten teams Notre Dame plays even year, they are about to be very glad Urban Meyer snubbed them for Florida; chatty Cathy is about to get his arse kicked.
Also, this Rose Bowl's going to be almost as fun as the one on January 1, 1998. The Trojans are chumps, and we'll win this one for Bo.
Yes, I'm due for a well placed rant of how Michigan fans got what was coming to them by being wrongly screwed -- but I said it there.
Wrongly.
No one hates Michigan football with the spewing hatred (still banned from Wilson's blog to this day) like I do, but with that being said -- this has everything to do with the SEC needing to get put in their place. The SEC complains year in and year out, to some degree with cause, that they unjustly have a tough conference.
Yeah, because it's easy to win the BigTen. Southerns hate Northerners.
There are a lot of non-football reasons Florida arrived there to face the Buckeyes, of to which I'm no great fan either.
Michigan can't run with USC and lord knows whether or not Carr is smart enough to employ his old MSU game plans against USC -- run BEFORE YOU'RE AHEAD, MORON! Don't put it in the air, that's PAC10 football -- just smash those soon-to-Sunday-ballers on the front line into their sprinters and wait for them to cry.
Won't take long.
I'll take great pride in watching ND get run, since they're the most overrated team since, well, let's leave that for another time. Do win one for Bo.
Just please, PLEASE don't use the line "Michigan football got screwed AGAIN".
When you're preseason ranked in the Top10 despite coming off a down year, cleaning out the coaching ranks, and have a very untested team -- just be really happy you had a great year. Everyone gives you the benefit of the doubt everytime -- this time someone just had a conference's worth of "tradition" to stand in your way of "tradition".
At teh beginning of your post, Joe, I was thinking to myself, "Well, I'd revoke his ban if I knew how," but by the end, no, no way, your ass is banned from now to Kingdom Come. I don't know much about this new jerkwad who's going to coach MSU's joke of a football team, but I do know that he, you, and all your uncouth Michigan Agricultural College brethren are doomed. DOOMED!
Go Trojans!
Go whatever team is playing MSU in a bowl game! Oh, wait...
Post a Comment