Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hooking Myself Up

As John "Hannibal" Smith would say... "I love it when a plan comes together."

On Tuesday I was awoken by cell phone, and I picked it up in time to receive a summer internship offer from my #1 choice school. After a week of scouring the internship listings and contacting schools to set up interviews, two weeks of phone interviews, and week of waiting for the "official" date and time offers could be made, I am all set. I will be spending my summer at Binghamton University in New York state, training and supervising their summer orientation leaders. Rock.

Yesterday I went to the international student and study abroad office for their passport fair, getting myself hooked up for my trip to Mexico this spring. It took about an hour worth of waiting in lines and filling out forms, but I got it all taken care of in a one-shot deal, which would not have happened if I had to go get pictures taken, and then go to the post office, and make sure I had everything done correctly. I guess we'll see in 8-10 weeks if the study abroad office dotted all their "i"s and crossed all their "t"s.

Right now I am in the process of applying for professional development funds for my conference trip to Orlando in April. I've also got to get home and do my taxes so that I can apply for financial aid again, which will include a $500 grant for my trip to Mexico. There are two academic case study competitions going on next week with monetary prizes, so hopefully I can put all this graduate schooling to good work for some more immediate gain...

All in all, things are coming up Brad.

3 comments:

Mike Wilson said...

Excelsior!

Anonymous said...

Everything's coming up Bradley for you and for me!

I don't know, I just liked that line.

Happy VD, Brado.

Anonymous said...

By the by, I've actually been to Binghamton. Random, right?