Thursday, November 15, 2007

Time and Chance

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
~ Ecclesiastes 9:11

You, my dear readers, are right to call me on my folly. I cannot claim to give up, throw in the towel, and stop fighting the good fight when the battle has only just been joined. I just needed to voice my doubt and despair in the hopes of achieving some measure of catharsis, and having done so I can move on.

Introspection and reflection carry with them an inherently myopic view of the world. One develops tunnel vision, and it takes an outside perspective to see the picture more clearly. I need such reminders, and I am thankful for you that offer them here in this forum.

1 comment:

Laudec said...

So here I am
grown up at 23
will someone tell me
what it takes to be happy?


Just as poignant in my opinion.