Sunday, November 02, 2008

Weekly Update

So as you can see, I had some other things to talk about in the posts below this. So in addition to those rants, this has been a long week.

I've had extra meetings or events every night this week in addition to my regular schedule. Monday night I had to get presidents of the fraternities and sororities together to come up with a list of questions they wanted to ask the University Police Department at a meeting later in the week. Tuesday night I had to get my House Council together to make sure we had everything set for our Halloween Party on Friday.

Wednesday was when things got really busy, though. I had to go shopping for decorations and such for the party at 3:00, and then had a faculty and staff reception from 4:30 - 5:30, followed by a Residence Life Program that I was co-presenting from 6:00 - 7:00, and then the aforementioned program between Greek Life and the University Police from 7:30 - 9:00 with a Greek Chapter President's Meeting topping things off at 9:15. I got through all of them, and they all went well, but it was more than a little stressful.

Thursday was another busy day with my regular staff meeting at 4:30 followed by the children of University faculty and staff Trick-or-Treating through my building from 6:00 - 8:00 and then my judicial board hearings from 9:00 - 11:00. And of course, after all that, I got a phone call from my RAs at 1:45 in the morning for what ended up being a marijuana bust in my building.

Friday ended up being a long day just because I had to go out and do all the rest of the shopping for our Halloween Party before 5:00 when we started getting things set up. And of course I had to run all over town because one single place didn't have everything I needed. It ended up being worth it, though, because we had more kids come through my building on Thursday for Trick-or-Treating and we had like 100 residents show up to the party on Friday compared to 25-40 in other buildings.

I got an e-mail from one of the Assistant Deans telling me my programs went really well, and that "My work is being noticed". So all in all, for a really busy week, apparently it's been worth it.

No comments: