Saturday, December 11, 2004

Phoebe Cates where have you gone?

One of the HBO movie channels had Gremlins and Gremlins 2: The New Batch on back to back tonight. I always liked the second one better, as the first one was a lot darker and more malevolent versus the comic genius of the sequel. Christopher Lee as a mad scientist! Phoebe Cates in all her 1980s beauty! Robert Piccardo with hair! But more importantly, Phoebe Cates!

Really, I had no idea who Phoebe Cates was until reading TLAMs The Copybook Tales. But in realizing who she was, I was just as soon disappointed to see that her film career is quite limited. We can always hope for a comeback.

4 comments:

Mike Wilson said...

She has cinematic immortality, my friend, thanks to Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Brad said...

Is it wrong to want to rent the movie just for the scene by the pool?

Mike Wilson said...

Yes, but don't let that stop you.

twg said...

Isn't she married to Kevin Kline?