Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Did I Miss Something?

So, after all the months of people talking about how great Napoleon Dynamite is, I finally got a hold of it watched it.

What a piece of shit.

I can't stand to even look at the guy who plays Napoleon. I hated every single one of the actors in the movie. I wanted to stop watching after about half an hour, but suffered through it. I want that hour and 35 minutes of my life back.

If someone can please explain to me what it was I was supposed to appreciate about this movie, please let me know.

3 comments:

Michael said...

I have not seen that movie yet either. I have been told by a reliable source that I would hate it so I don't expect to see it any time soon. My students won't stop talking about it, which makes me question it even more.

Laudec said...

It's one of those movies you simply will not like as much the first time you see it.

Some people liked The Big Lebowski the first time they saw it -- most people did not catch half of it. Same thing. My ex-girlfriend HATED this movie when we watched it -- now having seen it a few more times, really finds it to be quite funny.

Ya kinda gotta know what to expect to think it's funny.

Mike Wilson said...

Sorry, cap'n, but that sounds like a load to me. I have the film in my Netflix queue not because I want to see it, but because it comes highly recommended by two unreliable sources and I want an excuse to write off their opinions for all time.