Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Members Only

So in the last few months, I've gotten these one-day guest membership passes to Sam's Club. My family had a Sam's Club membership years ago when my dad got a free one through work, but not really needing anything purchased in bulk my family has never actively acquired a membership. I let the first pass expire because I never had a reason to go, but last week my mom found out that Sam's had $30 Birkenstocks and thus my parents and I took advantage of the most recent coupon.

The fine print of the coupon stated that we'd have to pay a 10% non-member fee on any purchases, and so after picking up a few things we had the choice of paying the non-member fee, or paying a bit more up front to get a membership. We opted for the membership, so now I've got my own shiny new Sam's Club card.

So if you find yourself in need of a 5 Pound bucket of cheese-puffs, I'm your man. Though sadly, I have to relate that it does take more than 3 men and a Michigan/Ohio State football game to finish 5 pounds of cheese-puffs.

No comments: