Yes, I'm yelling at my cell phone.
I spent March, April, and May filling out online applications, writing cover letters, going to job fairs, and going through every possible means of applying to over 30 school districts in the suburban Chicago area.
Have any of them called me?
No.
Fuck you, Illinois.
So in June I decided it was time to get desperate, and I started applying to schools in North Carolina. Within a week I had gotten e-mails from 3 principals following up on my paperwork, and one interview over the phone. I was all excited that the myths and legends were true, and that these districts would be fighting over who got to hire me.
But what have I heard in the last week? Survey says... Nothing.
Offer me a fucking job! You've got my cell phone number, you've got my home phone number, you've got my e-mail address. Pick one! (Now reread the last sentence, imagining it's in Lewis Black's voice.)
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment