School is done for the year now, so that means no more subbing days. My only source of income now is from the Gap. I just get more resentful of it every day that I go in - hating what I have to do, hating the customers, hating many of my coworkers, and even hating particular items of clothing. When inanimate objects provoke a sense of seething rage in you, you know things are not going well.
I've gotten 3 rejection notices so far, and that's all I've heard from schools. Just like dating, all the pretty girls aren't interested, so now it's time to go find the girl with a "great personality"...
That's right, I started applying to schools in North Carolina.
Supposedly Texas, Florida, and North Carolina are the states most in need of teachers. North Carolina has the distinct advantage of not being either Texas or Florida. Over Christmas break I talked briefly to a girl I graduated with who is teaching in NC, and she tried to convince me it was the thing to do. My dad was down there for a week on business a few years ago, and he told me it's pretty nice down there. It's the South, but it's not the Deep South. Hell, I see more confederate flags and cowboy hats in West Michigan than I ever did living in Missouri, so I'm not too worried. Now I just have to wait by the phone...
Friday, June 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A Hyundai Accent?
Or maybe you just need this.
Post a Comment