Monday, July 11, 2005

Time to Pack my Carpetbag

It's go time.

This week will come the deciding factor on where exactly I place my foot as I take that next step.

Wednesday morning I'm flying down to North Carolina to meet with the principal who wants to hire me. After a phone interview a few weeks ago, I called her last week to see where things stood. She said I was one of the top choices, but that the position was offered to someone else.

But that wasn't the end of the story.

Another teacher in the department was moving up to a curriculum coordinator position, and so this left a second vacancy for the same classes I had originally interviewed for. The principal told me she'd call me in a few days.

She called this morning.

She asked if I was still interested in the position, and that she wanted me to go down there this week. And so I'll most likely have a job in North Carolina by the end of the week.

But that's still not the end of the story.

Last week I also got a call from a principal at a school I had applied at in Illinois. He scheduled a phone interview for this afternoon, which went really well. The guy I interviewed with was the department chair, and a real straightforward and down to Earth guy. He said he wants this position nailed down ASAP, and that his goal was to call me tomorrow. As I said, I think things went well, so I may have a job offer in Illinois by the end of the week.

By the end of the month, I'll be a resident of either North Carolina or Illinois.

No comments: