So, there is one of two possibilities. Either 1) Karma is finally repaying me for all the crap I've been through in the last few years, or 2) This is just the good that's happening before a huge storm of bad. Either way, the last two weeks at least have been, as the Captain put it, The Golden Age of Brad as a result of my returning to college for graduate school.
It all started last Tuesday when my top choice school offered me the summer internship I had applied for there. Saturday night there was a girl involved, and I'll leave it at that...
And then yesterday was the annual 1st Year Graduate Student Case Study Competition. Basically, we were put into pairs and at noon on Thursday given a case study that involved a hypothetical situation or crisis to be resolved at a fictional college. We had until the next day to put together a presentation utilizing relevant theory and practices for how we would respond to the situation in the case study. My partner and I worked on our presentation for about 5 hours on Thursday, and were surprised at how quickly we were able to pull it together. We met again yesterday in the early afternoon to go through things one more time and get the final presentation ready, and by the time we presented at 3:00 were supremely confident in the product we had put together.
And we were confident for good reason... we ended up winning the competition, which included a $250 prize for each of us to be used for professional development (which works for me since I'm spending like $500 to attend a conference in Orlando this spring).
So as I began this post... either things are truly looking up, or this is all just the calm before the storm...
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just enjoy the Golden Age of Brad, Brad. Don't ruin it by trying to divine the future.
Post a Comment