So every time I drop off the blogosphere I get crap about it from either The Captain or The Last Angry Man. The crap is well deserved, but for every boost it gives me to temporarily rededicate myself to blogging, I eventually fall into laziness again. I won't try to justify or explain it, I'll only say that if you call me on it I will respond and I hope you keep reading and not give up on me.
I first started this blog back in August of 2004 - literally the day after I moved back into my parents' house after I left Ann Arbor without having found a job. It was also right before the 2004 election, so those two facts combined gave me a lot to rant about. I started this blog to write about things I hated, things that frustrated me, things that annoyed me, as a way to vent.
When I moved to North Carolina, I had a six month block of zero blog entries. I hated my job and everything around me, but I didn't have the will to rant against it. that would have involved getting off the couch, which for a while was more effort than I could muster.
Leaving North Carolina and moving back to Michigan ended my depressive cycle, and going through the hell of my failed teaching career gave me the perspective that having made it through that year meant I didn't really have anything to complain about in comparison. This past year was filled with successes and other positive experiences, so I didn't need the forum of this blog to rant about things because I didn't have much to rant about.
But even though I don't have as much venom to spew, I had forgotten the point of the internet - to share my opinions about everything with people who never asked me my opinion about anything.
And so, I will endeavor to broadcast my personal commentary through this medium whether you're interested or not, and while I am sure there will be days and even weeks that I am silent, I will eventually return.
Keep watching.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment