Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Can I get some children's chewable morphine?

I don't admit to being sick, and really am not sick very often. If I do feel less than 100%, I don't let it stop me from doing anything. I hate people who back out of things because "they're sick". Get over it. If I can get out of bed and go through the day without throwing up, I'm not sick.

Nonetheless, for the last few days, I've had a stuffy and sometimes runny nose. I went through what was left of a bottle of Walgreens brand Dayquill, and bought of bottle of Walgreens Nyquill that I have since polished off. Maybe I didn't follow the recommended dosing closely enough. In fact, after taking two doses of Nyquill the night before and a dose of Dayquill in the morning, I think I may have been drunk at the Gap a couple days ago. And right now as either part of the same "head cold" or as a separate symptom, I have a headache.

Not being a fan of science or doctors, and being prone to hasty and irrational arguments, I have therefore theorized that mucus is in fact crushing my brain. If I don't blow my nose, I believe there stands a good chance that my head will implode.

2 comments:

Mike Wilson said...

Wait a second, so awfulness is going to fill up your sinuses, thus increasing the pressure on your brain, and this rise in internal pressure is going to cause your whole head to implode? Wow, you really don't like science.

Brad said...

Granted, if pressure is building up within an enclosed space, I understand that having nowhere else to go it expands outwards. I guess it would really take a black hole forming within my head for it to implode, but at the time imploding seemed more fun than exploding.