Monday, January 24, 2005

Nothing in particular

I woke up at 5:17 this morning. There was no reason for me to, I wasn't working at the Gap until noon. And yet in this brief moment somewhere between sleep and consciousness, I remember thinking to myself that I should be getting up at 5:17. I am not a morning person. As anyone who has lived with me knows, if left to my own devices, I may not get out of bed until 1:00 in the afternoon. And yet, I would love to have to get up at 5:17 in the morning, because that would mean that I have a classroom to be in that morning.

But I didn't, so I went back to bed until 10:30.

Today wasn't really that great a day. Nothing particularly great happened. But it still felt like a good day. Maybe I'm just bipolar, or maybe I've finally just lost my mind.

No comments: