Thursday, January 27, 2005

Cruel Fate! Why do you taunt me?!?!?!?

Working the cash register at the Gap tonight, I saw the cutest girl I have seen in a long long time. If I could have taken a picture, I would have used it as reference to answer the question of "What kind of girl are you looking for?" She wasn't there with her boyfriend. She wasn't there with her husband. She stood like two feet away from me, and all I could do was ring up her stuff and watch her walk away.

There's nothing I can do in that situation. She's the customer, I'm the employee. At best I'm the cute guy at the Gap, at worst I'm a loser who's working there when he's 23.

Kobayashi Maru.

8 comments:

twg said...

If it makes you feel better, I totally had a crush on you when I met you.

It probably doesn't, though.

Oh, also, it's much worse to be a 23 year old loser that works at Abercrombie. Most of those kids are 18, yo. At least your own demographic and older actually shop at the Gap.

Mike Wilson said...

I feel an obligation to remind you that Jim Kirk not only beat the Kobayashi Maru test, he was decorated for his ingenuity. There is no no-win scenario.

Be Jim Kirk, Brad.

Brad said...

Hey - the Watergirl had a crush on me. Sweet! Chicks DO dig me...

Thanks Katie, I feel better now.

twg said...

Glad to help.

Mike Wilson said...

What, I get no thanks? I said you could be Jim Kirk! He got all the hot space chicks! You know what? Fuck you, you're not Jim Kirk, you're David Marcus. Have fun on Planet Genesis.

Brad said...

I did not mean to slight your advice, Mike. I guess I misinterpreted it. I read your comment as "You're not Jim Kirk. If you were, you would have figured out a way to cheat the outcome."

You telling me I am Jim Kirk is as great a compliment as Katie implying that I am cute. I thank you both, respectively, for your support.

Mike Wilson said...

Too late for that, you illegal protomatter using weasel.

twg said...

You should have thanked him, man. He could, after all, have said "Captain Janeway" instead.