Am I the only one who remembers the 1980's? Am I the only one who still equates communism and socialism as dangerously radical ideologies and failed systems of governance rather that some sort of kitsch trend?
Maybe so. Every time my brother writes a new note on Facebook he sounds more and more socialist, so in response I have to become more and more conservative.
But I'm not looking to deport my brother. I want to deport Michael (Mikhail) Moore.
Most of you probably know how much I hate Mikhail Moore. For those that don't, let me explain.
I hate Michael Moore.
Michael Moore is everything that is wrong with the Left in this country, and yet instead of excising him from their ranks in order to appeal to a broader center, more and more liberals are becoming crazier and crazier just like him.
What brings Mikhial Moore up in conversation today is the fact that there may now be legal grounds to prosecute (and hopefully persecute) him for his antics. For all his talk about how the current administration has abused power and broken the law for its own agendas while the other side remains blameless, there is now irrefutable proof that Mikhail Moore is just full of shit and guilty of doing the same thing himself.
Dirty Commie Hyperlink
You know what I say to people like Mikhail and his ilk? If you don't like it, get out. You can go to Canada, where socialized health care means you wait 4 hours in the emergency room. Or you can go to one of the socialist Scandinavian countries like Norway and pay 80% of your income to national taxes and fees. Or you can just go to Cuba and hope not to be shot in the back of the head as a political enemy.
Socialism is bad, people. It doesn't make everyone equal and happy and solve all the world's problems. It makes everyone poor and entirely dependent upon the government for everything in their lives.
And so I've been thinking, and I think I've determined how to solve all of this country's problems in 2008. The answer is simple - The Ghost of Ronald Reagan as a write-in candidate. Either that, or we've got a little over a year to find a way to bring him back from the dead.
Get cracking people.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Didn't they elect the Ghost of Regan in 1984?
Brado, President Reagan's predecessor was James Earl "Jimmy" Carter, a man who swore to Red China that we'd sit back and do nothing if they attacked Taiwan, gave the Ayatollah Khomeini a green light to unleash his hordes upon our embassy, and promised to give the Panama Canal (which WE built using OUR money) to Panama. As bad as Michael Moore is, Jimmy Carter was the fucking president! We're in much better shape than we were back in the day; we don't need Reagan's ghost to save us, just Reagan's faith in the American way.
Post a Comment