Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Back home and bored

The trip to Chicago did not go as planned on the previous post, but it was a good time nonetheless. We didn't do all the things we had originally intended, but that's fine with me. I often feel like I should be going out and doing more exciting and adventurous things, but when it's just me and friends together goofing off I have just as much fun as any tourist trap or hot new attraction to go to. The scenery may change, but the characters stay the same, and to me that's what counts.

While in Chicago my friend Joe lent me his copy of the 9/11 Commission Report, and I've been unable to put it down since I started just skimming the first chapter. Maybe it's the social studies and history teacher in me, but I finish one chapter and I can't wait to go onto the next. And what this book has also reinforced is how much I really hate all of the liberal media conspiracy bullshit that's been going on for years. All of these half-wits who have taken Michael Moore as their patron saint need to stop being liberal just because it's the latest fad and start thinking for themselves.

I feel a big political rant coming, but I don't think I'll get into it tonight. As we draw closer to the election, I'm sure there will come a breaking point which will result in said rant.


No comments: