For those of you just tuning in, it seems fairly certain that I have no chance at full time employment this fall. To any random new teachers who have jobs and happen upon this blog, you suck and I hate you. I hope your students make you cry, run screaming from the profession, and give me your job. Nonetheless, I am trying to make peace with my surroundings and look at the bright side.
I will admit that living with my parents does have the built in niceties of free room and board, utilities, and free laundry. Though it is often part of some weird temporary diet attempt, I do get free food as well. But perhaps the greatest luxury I have access to is digital cable on my dad's 54" TV with surround sound. While flipping through channels waiting for Adult Swim, I found one of the long thought lost treasures of television animation.
Animaniacs.
Channel 104 is the Nickelodeon cartoons (Nicktoons) channel, and apparently they have the rights to Animaniacs. I had heard rumours of it being played on the regular Nickelodeon at like 3 AM years ago, but had never found it. And so now, in my exile, I have found another brief avenue of animated escapism. Upon further examination of the programming lineup, I also discovered that Animaniacs is preceded by Tiny Toons, and followed by Pinky and the Brain.
And so now, weekday evenings at 9:00, I can go to my happy place. Or Acme Acres and the Warner Brothers Studio lot... does your happy place have Hello Nurse? I didn't think so.
Friday, September 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can still sing the entire theme to Tiny Toons. Probably Animaniacs, too.
I think I was just happe to have Babs and Dot around. And Gogo. I liked him, too.
I lived at home for two years after college. It's not so bad at first. By the end of the two years, I was ready to get out, and not just because of my parents. It was the whole town, Michigan.
And now I'm in Boston. So you know. Living at home is a good chance to save a lot of money, and then you can move wherever you want, which is a good thing, right?
It's so nice not having to pay for food.
Post a Comment