Both this week and last week, I subbed about every other day for the Holland school district. Of these days, I only subbed at the high school once. Every other day, I've been at the middle schools. I have never wanted to do middle school, so I wasn't too thrilled with this at first. But as I've gone back a few times, I think I've been getting better at it.
I can put the fear of God into these kids. I raise my voice just a bit to get their attention, and they cower. What I really don't like about subbing is that it's all the parts of teaching I don't like. Instead of getting to know the kids and see them develop intellectually and personally, I spend all my time with classroom management and paperwork. But, I think I've come to terms with that, and try to have as much fun with each new class everyday. And if I have a crappy class one day, I can take a day off to regroup before taking another assignment.
And, most importantly, I'm getting paid.
Friday, September 24, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hi from a fellow substitute teacher...today i subbed at a middle school...last time i worked at a middle school was december 2001 and i was the classroom teacher...hope the rest of the school year goes well for you...
Post a Comment