Wednesday, September 29, 2004

My Life as a Lab Rat - Day 2

Today was one of the two most invasive days of the study, the final day being the other. Basically, they had to establish baseline data today, which meant like 5 ECGs during the day, and about 8 blood draws. The amount of blood taken is a vial about the size of a pen cap, but taking one every few hours adds up to a lot of sticking. I have no love of needles, but no great fear of them. It's more annoying than anything else. But, after today we only give a blood sample once a day.

Otherwise, things here aren't too bad. The food is at East Quad level or higher, so I won't starve. But, we only get so much and have no other sources of food, so hopefully I can lose a few pounds without the temptation of snacking. The staff brought back movie rentals we had requested, so I'm going to watch Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind, Jersey Girl, and The Punisher because I didn't have to pay for them. I'm still plugging away at The 9-11 Commission Report, and I started outlining the next issue of FreshMan this afternoon.

Other than that, I've still got 13 days to find the cheese at the other end of the maze.


2 comments:

Mike Wilson said...

Book titles, just like movies titles, should be italicized. Book titles are only underlined when one is writing by hand, i.e. when italics are impossible.

Brad said...

I did not know that... I've been going on what I learned in middle school English classes and all that MLA nonsense about how to site things.