I love sleeping. Unfortunately, this means that I have been sleeping 10-12 hours a night since I've been home, and not getting out of bed until noon. Normally, sleep is great. But in the last few weeks my stress and frustration over finding a job has intruded into my dreams, and I don't like it.
In the last two weeks I have had three separate dreams about not just jobs in general, but specifically about the one school district I am really hoping for. I'd say I'm average when it comes to the number of dreams I remember... I don't remember them nightly, but I remember a few here and there. But, as far as my numbers go, remembering three dreams in two weeks is highly above average. These have not been weird, Salvador Dali inspired, nonsequitir, crazy shit happening dreams. These have been profoundly normal, realistic, I have to check my cell phone to see if I actually did just talk on it or if it was a dream, dreams.
Last week I dreamed that I was denied a job because I filled my application out wrong. Two nights ago I had a dream that I was not the candidate chosen, and the reason why was some sort of cover up that they would not admit to. And then last night, in a change of pace, I had gotten an interview and they had scheduled all sorts of things for me before they ever contacted me. This last one wasn't too bad (hey, I got an interview in it), but they all leave me with a heightened emotional level that I was hoping to put off until later in the day.
On the plus side, I did have a second dream last night where I beat up a bunch of street thugs. Man, did he go down like a sack of potatoes. (Spell-check says this is how you spell it... can you verify Mr. Quayle?)
Wednesday, August 11, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment