Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Mmm... Elisha Cuthbert

A few months ago, my friend Joe had free tickets to see The Girl Next Door. His fiancee didn't want to see it, so I was able to tag along to use the other ticket. We were expecting stupid adolescent humor and maybe a few tit shots. Instead, we were tremendously surprised by how much we honestly liked the film, characters, and story. And so, sitting in the theater, I told myself I would buy it when it came out on DVD.

Well, it came out on DVD today. There are both an unrated and rated version. I was conflicted about which to get, making sure that I'd get all the extra features and all that with whichever version I chose. I had bought the unrated version of Van Wilder, and thought that the "too hot for theaters" material was stupid and didn't add anything good to the movie.

Well at Best Buy the unrated version was on sale, and the rated version was not. The unrated version also advertised that it contained an alternate ending as an extra feature, which the rated version did not. So, I went with it, and luckily all of the extra scenes and additional "hot material" are just optional.

Good lord is Elisha Cuthbert attractive in this movie. Seriously. I found out that she's also Canadian, bringing the Canadian girls I love tally to:
- Shania Twain
- Lederhosen Lucil
- Elisha Cuthbert

Gotta go watch those special features at some point...

No comments: