Thursday, August 26, 2004

I've got a funny feeling, we're all born to lose...

It would appear that I am 6 different kinds of screwed. Unfortunately, none of these are in the good way. From what I've been able to gather via phone calls and information on websites, all of the jobs I've applied for have been filled without so much as a "thanks for playing" given to me. I applied for a job at Holland, and the HR secretary told me that had been filled. I applied for a job in Plymouth, where I had subbed and I thought made great connections with staff and administrators... the website says position filled. I called the Psychology department where I had applied for a job that fit my experience perfectly... the office girl said only people who had interviews would have been notified the position had been filled.

My last hope is Almont. When I interviewed with them, they told me that their last interviews were on Tuesday, and that after that they would bring their top two candidates in for second interviews. They hoped to make a hiring by Friday. Well, it's Thursday, and I haven't heard about a second interview.

I'm in the process of tracking down all the information I need to substitute teach in the area. My school district says they're not accepting any more subs for the year. So, I'm left with all of the other schools in the county, and I have no idea what to expect from them.

Fuck.


2 comments:

Mike Wilson said...

Sorry things aren't ideal, Brad. Keep the faith.

Laudec said...

Don't feel bad Brad.

There are always random IT jobs in Chicago floating around when there's nothing in your field.

Look at me!