Monday, October 25, 2004

Keep on Trucking

I did the math before I left, and I made the correct guess that my car would roll over 100,000 miles at some point during my weekend trip to Chicago. Of course, I have a digital odometer so it didn't actually roll over, but I like to use the vernacular in describing this event. I had my digital camera with me, planning to take a "before and after" shot of 99,999 and then 100,000 miles, but I ended up not doing it. Sure, it's a monumental achievement in the life of a car, but I decided not one that needed to be saved for posterity.

Before I left on Friday, I got an oil change on said automobile. Reaching what is undoubtedly a "higher mileage" level, I chose to put some more premium oil in the V-Dub. I don't really know if it was worth the extra $5 (well, $10, but I guess I can get a $5 mail in rebate that will arrive in 6-8 weeks).

I've got a few other things on my mind, but want to give each one its own dedicated post. Keep checking back over the next few days for some posts with a tad more substance than these sort of benign updates.

No comments: