Played a round of golf this morning with Mails and Opaluski, and by the time I got to the back 9 I was doing pretty well, all things considered. It's amazing how much further south Indy really is... it was a beatiful warm and sunny day. It was perfect weather for golf - just cool enough that you weren't warm with pants on and warm enough to wear short sleeves.
While the weather down here is mild, nothing can make up for the surroundings. We went to a Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch after golf, and I have not seen a more wretched hive of scum and villany in some time. Everywhere I looked, Colts' fans running up and down the ailes, yelling, jumping, drinking, throwing things - and that was the women. Even in civilization it's the boonies down here.
Lately I've been thinking a lot about where I'm going to head this summer/fall. After the job search in Michigan turned up nothing, and barring the complete retirement of an entire generation of teachers, I think I've accepted that I may be heading out yonder. I know that the Carolinas, Florida, and Texas are in need of teachers, but I refuse to move to any of those states. Right now the top list (given that Michigan will always be #1) is made up of Colorado, Virginia, New York (upstate), and Pennsylvania. I know California is hiring, and I know people out there who are trying to convince me to move out there, but I don't think I could live in California. So, as the months of subbing go on, we'll see where I end up this next school year.
Sunday, October 24, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, at least the Colts lost. Bwa ha ha ha ha!
First off, I hate Manning and am happy the Colts lost, except that my roomie lost money on them. But that's what you get when you bet.
Second, when you say Upstate NY, what do you mean? White Plains, Newburg, Albany? Syracuse, Utica, Rochester? I'm just curious, as the latter three really aren't "Upstate" so much as Central or Western NY. If you really are thinking about Central/Western/North Country, please talk to me so that I can talk you out of it.
Also, Albany's fun for Frozen Four hockey, but otherwise, it's kind of a hole.
Post a Comment