Thursday, October 07, 2004

My Life as a Lab Rat - Days 9 and 10

Yeah, I've gotten lazy. Really, most of the days here blend together without a whole lot of high points that are really worth relaying to the general blog-reading public. Well, we did have the chicken fingers dinner again tonight, so I guess that's a high point.

To start with, just ignore the little tiff between Malis and I over the Mac issue... he just wanted to goad me a bit and I replied in kind.

After receiving comments and support to this effect from Wilson and Vicky, I started a new short story with the main character of Neil Beckman from a submission to The Newsletter earlier this spring. I wrote a bit two days ago, and have spent the last two hours or so listening to mellow music and working at it a bit more. I've been jumping back and forth within the chronology of the story I've got in my head, writing out little bits of it that come to me figuring that I'll fill in the holes later. When I first wrote it I had thought of more after what became the ending, but since I was already 800 words into a 500 word limit story I wrapped it up in somewhat of a cliffhanger.

The overall story I have in my head is broken up into five parts. Part one is what I first wrote this spring, and what I started the other day is more or less part three. I just started part four this evening while also working on part three, and came up with the basic idea of part two. I have no idea when and if it would be published, but I admit that it is fun to just work on it for myself.

1 comment:

Mike Wilson said...

There's always The Newsletter.