Just finished watching High Fidelity, and I had forgotten just how great it was. I mean, I own it and could watch it at any time, but I haven't seen it in probably more than a year. I have wanted to watch it lately, but the copy I own is on VHS, is buried with the rest of my stuff, and we don't really have a VCR set up to play it on. I almost bought the DVD at Best Buy, but since I wasn't making any money I figured I couldn't start replacing VHS with DVD yet.
My ex-girlfriend is the one that really got me into John Cusack movies. Her favorite was Say Anything and as I remember, didn't like Rob Gordon in High Fidelity because she thought he acted like a jerk compared to his other roles. Looking at it now, I think I like it more for that reason. Sure Lloyd Dobbler is a great guy - one of my heroes - but none of us can actually be Lloyd. Rob's just like all of us - he screws up, he acts like an ass sometimes, but he works hard to do the right thing.
Friday, October 08, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment