Friday, October 01, 2004

My Life as a Lab Rat - Day 4

The day's not quite over yet, but I just had to write down that I WON AT POKER! I played a round of Texas Holdum with some of the guys here, and after 2 hours I finally took the chips. I've learned from some of my mistakes in the games I've played before, so with a little thinking and a little luck I actually cleaned the last guy out on all in.

As far as the rest of the day, the food was a little disappointing today compared to yesterday. Again, it's at about East Quad quality, so it's hit and miss.

I watched Jersey Girl and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind today. I was actually pleasantly surprised by Jersey Girl. I mean, I wanted to like it and I wanted it to be good because of Kevin Smith, but I was really afraid of how it would be. Even in the beginning with Jennifer Lopez it was good the whole way through. I really felt for Affleck's character, and was reminded of just how beautiful Liv Tyler is. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a rental.

After watching Eternal Sunshine... I think I can safely say that I don't like Charlie Kaufman. I saw Being John Malkovich on a bad double date, so my perception of it is colored by that. But I hated Adaptation, and I was just bored with Eternal Sunshine...

Well, that's all from me here in the maze.


No comments: